Brief detail of CCQC-2016 held at Rourkela Club, Rourkela during Sept 09-10, 2016
- QCFI, Rourkela Chapter organized the Chapter convention on Quality concepts during Sept 09-10, 2016. Brief details are given hereunder –
- Organizations are SAIL/RSP, SAIL/RMD-all mines, Tata Steel Ltd. – OMQ & FAM divn., NSPCL, BALCO-Korba, OCL India Ltd., OCL Iron & Steel Ltd., NALCO-Smelter & Power plant; Essel Mining & Ind. Ltd., JSPL mines, Tata Sponge Iron Ltd., TRL Krosaki; Paradeep Phosphates Ltd., Kapilas Cement, Vedanta Ltd.. 70 circles had participated.
- of QCs participated finally were 70. 370 participants & delegates attended the convention. This is the 2nd highest participation so far.
- Events were Essay, Slogan & Poem competition in three languages in Oriya/Hindi/English. Knowledge test on QC related concepts in English also conducted. Gift/Trophy along with certificates were given to the winners (≥ 70% marks).
- This year teams made case studies presentation on QC (47), LQC(05), 5S (03), 6Sigma (04) & Kaizen (11).
- Case studies were evaluated in three parts – 10% for QC register, 60% for case study report & 30% for presentation (for QCs) whereas for allied concepts it was 70% for case studies and 30% for Presentation. Presentation was held in 6 parallel streams by the judges drawn from various organizations e.g. RSP/OCL/Tata Steel/NALCO/Vedanta.
- Out of 70 cases, 61 won Gold and 09 Silver awards.
- Earlier in the Inaugural session, Sri Ashwini Kumar, CEO, RSP addressed the gathering and inaugurated the program as chief guest. Quality Circles are meant for giving Quality Solutions,” said Mr. Ashwini Kumar while delivering the inaugural address. “I have great faith in our Human Resources. They have to be at the core of all engagements and endeavours. Cheap and effective solutions come from the people”, Said CEO, Sri Kumar. He further said that industries are expanding everywhere and cited RSP’s modernisation as an example that new units are facing teething problems due to design and execution issues, necessitating bottlenecking. For this, concepts like QC,5S, kaizen etc. have a major role to play and its problem solving techniques for solutions increases its relevance, he observed.
- Sri B P Verma, ED(works), RSP & Chairman, QCFI, Rourkela chapter in his address exhorted the representatives of member industries and the QC members present in the auditorium to make good use of this forum and spread the various quality concepts. Time has come that each one of us must make good use of these concepts towards improving the productivity and quality. He further stressed on the need for all to work for a win-win situation without losing sight of ethics.
- Sri O P Agarwal, former ED and Consultant OCL India and Council Member, QCFI, Rourkela Chapter, delivered the welcome address. He observed that Quality concepts have become the key drivers of operational efficiency today.
- P K Mohanty, Vice-President (HR & ER), OISL and Vice-Chairman, of QCFI, Rourkela chapter proposed vote of thanks wherein he presented a brief on the achievements of the Chapter and the importance of organizing such an event.
Program started with presentation of bouquet followed with lamp lighting & invocation song. An impressive cultural program was also held in the evening after inaugural function by famous artists from Rajgangpur.
- In Concluding Session, Sri Sunil Shrivastava, Head (BE), Vedanta Ltd. & Vice-chairman, QCFI-RC welcomed the Chief guest, other dignitaries on the dias and the participants, invitees, judges & delegates. In his welcome address, he stressed on the need of increasing the institutional membership as well as training programs.
- Sri G G Pal, Head Smelter divn.), Vedanta Ltd., addressed the gathering as Chief guest in the Valedictory session. He said, “Industries can progress only with the involvement of their people. Improvement in processes can be achieved only by greater involvement rather than mere participation.” We must make full use of these concepts and spread it throughout the organizations. Innovation is the key to success which can be achieved through these concepts and cited the example of Vedanta Ltd. in this context. He also gave away the prizes (Certificate + Trophy) to all the winners.
- Sri S C Prasad, Ex-Head (HRD & BE), RSP and Vice-Chairman, QCFI-RC proposed vote of thanks. Preeti Kumari, Asstt. Mgr. 9RCL), RSP anchored the total programme.
- Photos of the events are enclosed herewith.