Prof. A K Mittal
Mobile No: 09415134818
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. A K Mittal, a doyen of industrial management engineering & operations research is advisory, guide & mentor of QCFI since 1990’s in the position of director, vice president then president & now president emeritus.
He an alumnus of IIT, Khangpur having studied for B.Tech (Mechanical) and M.Tech (Industrial Engg and operations research) and then earned M.S and Ph.D degrees in Operations Reasearch from Case Western Reserve University, USA.
Dr. Mittal has joined IIT Kanpur as Asst. Professor and having served for last four decades retired as professor. During these years he was Head of Industrial and Management Engg & Dean, Planning and Resource Generation and also Dean, Research & Development at IIT, Kanpur.
Over the last twenty-two years taught a large number of courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students of engineering and management disciplines in the areas of Operations Research, Operations management, design and coordinated continuing education programs for executives from industries and engineering teachers
Lectured in large number of courses organized at Industry site such as Sail, Allen Bradley, TELCO, State Planning Institute etc.
He supervised Supervised 5 Ph.D and 55 Masters Thesis in the areas of Operations Research, Operations Management, IPR. Published and presented more than 60 papers in journals and conferences. He has coordinated the following projects
- IPR chair (Cell) MHRD
- Development of text and visual mining tools from patents Ministry of IT
- National Technical Manpower Project Govt. Of India
- Institute Industry Interaction Project AICTE
- Management of technology project AICTE
- Recknor for Software Patents Ministry of Information Technology
- Office Automation Project IIT, Kanpur
- Role and Functions of Engineering Personnel in UP Govt.
He Interacted with several industries such as HAL, TELCO, Allen Bradley and industry organizations such as CII ASSOCHEM , QCFI.
He is Member of following professional societies
- President Operational Research Society of India
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers ( India )
- Member Operations Research Society of U.S.A
- Senior member Operational Research Society of India
- Life member ISTE