National Board for Quality Promotion – Quality Council of India, as one of its key initiatives had carried out pilot studies last year to determine the readiness of the industry to implement Industry 4.0. The pilot studies were carried out based on a combination of self-assessment and on-site assessment of key enablers for industry 4.0. The focus during the pilot studies was on auto/electrical/electronic OEM/component manufacturers. The results of these pilot studies were very encouraging.
In order to scale up this initiative and to strengthen the framework, we are in the process of identifying the experts/ assessors who can support NBQP in such assessments. The Subject matter experts should ideally have a proven background with in-depth knowledge and experience of industrial automation, leveraging industrial IOT based digital transformation in manufacturing, deployment of digital tools for improved process, products and services including exposure to IT and operational technologies in key processes.
Professionals preferably from the manufacturing sectors and confident of having a technical background with exposure on most of the I4.0 elements may indicate their interest and send their detailed profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Suggested Eligibility Criteria:
- Proven background with an in-depth knowledge and experience of industrial automation, leveraging industrial IOT based digital transformation in manufacturing for improved products and services.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and technology solutions (example cloud solutions, MES, ERP, hardware & software automation etc.) including IT and operational technologies in key processes (Experience in architecting a business problem into a technology specific solution).
- Knowledge of technology trends, manufacturing equipment/process control/robotics & factory automation/fault tolerant/real – time system designs etc. including the security driven architecture.
- Deployment of analytical and digital tools in the manufacturing functions to improve quality, flexibility, predictive maintenance, productivity, visibility and better decision making support etc.
- Preferable: Prior experience of smart manufacturing assessments in auto/electrical/electronic OEM/component manufacturing sector.